52. in the happy end au, bartimaeus is very possessive of his clothes (if he’s in a human body) but kitty and nathaniel switch clothes all the time
51. Cop!Nat would also require all of his fellow squad members come to his just slightly pretentious art shows.
50. If Nathaniel survived and lived on in a post-magician-led society, he’d want a job as a cop because, as much as he hated the stress of being a magician, catching the bad guy and going undercover was always kind of a thrill.
49. Bartimaeus is, at one point, able to get Nathaniel to open up about his childhood pre-Bartimaeus in an attempt to “sort of bond so maybe I don’t feel like punching you in the face so often”, and Nathaniel does tell him just about everything— except for the incident when he was six. When Bartimaeus asks him about his first real encounter with spirits, Nathaniel excuses himself. Bartimaeus only asks again once before he drops it entirely.
48. Jane Farrar was John Mandrake’s first kiss, and she takes a very smug (and very secret) pride in this fact. Admittedly, however, she tries to ignore that fact that it was hers too.
47. If they all had their happily ever after together, Kitty is always the one to break up fights between Bartimaeus and Nat. If they don’t kiss and make up right away, she puts them in a “Get Along Shirt”.
46. The few times Bartimaeus felt relief over the years protecting John Mandrake in the few years prior to Ptolemy’s Gate were when he saved Mandrake from another assassination attempt. Nathaniel seemed to slip through the cracks, then, and if Bartimaeus could keep even a small part of the boy he knew alive, well—
Maybe it would be worth it in the end.
(45. i hope you’re prepared because i just finished finished ptolemy’s gate after being spoiled for it 2 years ago, and i have many emotions)
Nathaniel became his most hopeless when he realized the two people he cared for the most, even if he didn’t want to admit it, even if he couldn’t believe that he cared for them, could not care less about him, because he was nothing but a corrupt magician to both of them.
Luckily, however, both Kitty and Bart made it clear to him that that wasn’t who he was before it was too late.
44. Sometimes Bartimaeus and Nathaniel shared fevered kisses, always after an argument, where one of them would grab the other and they’d kiss and pull away breathless and sort of clear their throats awkwardly and never talk about it again, not even the next time it would happen.
Nathaniel used to have dreams about it culminating into more. Bartimaeus always felt guilty, both for not being able to give Nathaniel the attention he so desperately wanted, and for wearing Ptolemy’s form while he gave him the little that he could.
reminder that this blog exists